You are a Light in this World! Light is the antidote for guilt and thoughts of suicide.
Everyone suffers here! You are not alone, but know this need not be! Suffering is optional. It is a choice and you CAN choose otherwise and you can choose it NOW.
The ego part of our split mind tells us we have done something wrong, we over indulged; smoked a cigarette; snapped at a friend, or ______fill in the blank.
We feel guilty. Guilt is the trap. We go around smiling but deep down we feel terrible and we think: “if they only knew.” When we feel guilty we are trapped in EGO LAND. “Trapped, trapped like rats” said the cowardly Lion in the movie the Wizard of OZ.
Here is a check list the next time you feel trapped and want to STOP the guilt.
1. BREATHE! Slowly in and blow out through your mouth. Do it five times. Then Go to the Stately Calm Within. As soon as you realize you are suffering and your mind is going around in a maze STOP. Focus on the breath, feel the center in your mind and stop thinking.
2. Imagine holding the hand of Love. Unconditional, all knowing eternal LOVE, whatever that represents for you; Presence; God; Jesus; Allah; Spirit or Buddha. You can think “Love” no matter what you are doing.
3. Tell LOVE what is in your heart “Love, I really wanted that chocolate cake or _____.” Tell LOVE everything and be honest, “I was depressed because I didn’t get that job or he hurt my feelings, or_______.”
4. Looking squarely into your Beautiful Mind you have given its contents to LOVE. You left the ego sucking its thumb. The ego is negative chatter. Thoughts of love will always speak of Oneness. Perhaps you will make amends to someone. A thought of condemnation about yourself or anyone else is the ego speaking of guilt. Let the ego judgment go. It is not True and you are still LOVE.
5. Now laugh! Start with a phoney laugh, “heh, har, ha, hah, ho, ho” and soon you will really be laughing. This takes the seriousness out of the ego’s sails.
If you “slip up” and the ego reasserts itself just repeat the above steps. Looking honestly at yourself is the practice of forgiveness.
“Forgiveness is still and does nothing. It merely looks and waits and judges not.”
A Course In Miracles Workbook pg. 401.
This is mind training and you are in charge. You get your Mind back. Everyone has problems of some sort in this world.
Gradually YOUR HIGHER SELF takes control. You are in charge when you remember LOVE is who you are.
You are healed, whole and innocent! You may not realize it now but that is your TRUTH.